Re: [DDL-ML] INFO GA problems

>> Matthias wrote:
>  Never use null terminated strings, SRCP specifies a "real" linefeed as
the
>  end of a command. zeros are at best ignored, or lead to a crash ;=)
rob>  After the #10 there is a #0.

Mathhias
> Delete it. It  _is_ not a valid SRCP Syntax. Sorry but that has to be
absolutly
> clear.
>
> > If I don't want this I have to take a pascal
> > string (with as first character the length of the string and pass to my
> > socket.send procedure a pointer to the second character of the string.
>
> You may delete the last character before sending the line to the server.

Could give it a try but normally I don't have the controle over the leading

> As far as every String in SRCP is less than 255 characters long, a
(temporary)
> copy into a pascal string in the sending routine should cause no trouble.
Yes It would. I can only sent PChar (null terminated strings)  or should i
dig a little deeper.
could look into it.

> > > What software you are developing/using??
> > It a layout design program which uses libraries to draw a layout on
scale.
> > When the layout is ready it starts scanning the layout to divide it in
> > blocks. Then writes a block program to controle the lot. I can use a
Lenz or
> > Marklin interface or Erddcd.
> > This is a very short discriptian of what it is doing.
> > Ofcause only with Lenz and Erddcd you can use this Server Client setup.
>
> To you plan to publish it? It sounds very interesting.
If you want a copy you can get it. A lot off extra files need to be stowed
away in sub dir's.
Have no installation program (yet) or help files. But you can always e-mail
me.
Sent me your e-mail adres and I will sent it to you.
It's large (1.5Mb perhaps more)

Groetjes Rob Nieuwland.