Re: DDW-DDL-ML DDW,Rayliplan, S88

Hi Nuccio,

I didn't test raily, but I give it a try with my own developed software.

The problem is not so hard to understand. Is raily capable to run on more
than one machine? I can't give you the answer for raily, but my software isn
't for sure.

Why not?

A program that is capable to run on more than one machine, with the same DDW
server, the client program's need to exchange data to. (I will not discus
how).

For example, if one program starts a loco, the other program's on the
network needs to know about this AND when they control the loco's
automatically, the even have to exchange this control data to. For example,
witch track is free, witch is not, status from switches and signals, etc.

In case of S88 on my program, the first program that starts, gets all S88
data from DDW automatically. The second program, witch always is started
later, does not get this information from DDW but could ask for it. (My
program doesn't). Both program than react correctly on any change from any
actuator.

If I start a loco on either computer, the train will run. BUT if computer 1
tells it to go forward and computer 2 tells it to stop, than both program's
are not aware of the actual action of the loco.

Furthermore I discovered that non of both program's are capable to throw a
switch anymore!!! (Don't ask me why!)

So I don't think it's that wired that you encounter the problems you wrote,
unless Raily is designed to run properly on more than one computers.

Hope I could help you out.

Regards,

Fred Stevens, Netherlands.