Re: [DDL-ML] DDL and Lenz

> with the help of an old 386 SX 33 with 100Mb of
> Hard disk and 2Mb of RAM.

In spite been friendly to your resources, a 386 with 2Mb is a
bit slow and I don't think you want to run any graphics.

I'd recommend at least an early pentium model with > 500Mb just so you
will get more pleasure from your Linux install.

> I have some questions:
> -I'll want use the LV101 booster by Lenz:how can I
> connect this to my PC?

Straight cable from TX and Ground of your RS232 tty line to the
booster input (I think it is a twisted cabe in the LV101 manual).
I can check the pin numbers and labels on my LV101 at home if
you want.

> -Which can be the best version of Linux to use in my
> PC with DDL?

This is a question of taste. If you stick to the idea with the 386
(I'd rather not), you need a tiny distribution. Otherwise use one that
you feel comfortable with. Suse is a quite popular distribution in
Germany and a lot of DDLers are using it, so that is probably a good
one to start with. Use a 2.2.x (for x >= 16) kernel with that. Most
disributions have the 2.2 kernel as a default, some as an option.

Harald.