DDW with ORD-1 and Locobuffer questions

Who would be able to help me with the following questions?

After having built Edits many years ago, it is now time for me to switch to a more modern system. In order to keep using some of the original Edits components, I am looking for a mixed MM/DCC system, and as I like building myself instead of buying a ready made piece of equipment like the Intellibox, I started to look into the possibilities of ddl/ddx/ddw. May I ask you a few questions on this?

-          Is there a lot of difference between ddl/ddx/ddw etc? They all seem to make use of the same principle and using SRCP?

-          Does your DDW work together with the ORD-1, as described on the rocrail-site?

-          I’ve heard about some problems with the pulse-length of the signals. As they are determined by the PC, it does not work in all configurations, and if it doesn’t, there is little that can be done about it? Especially programming and the higher DCC addresses seem to suffer from this?

-          Would you know of options to add loconet throttles into the system? Would simply adding a Locobuffer, managed from Rocrail automatically work together with DDW?

If anyone has some answers to the above questions, it would help me a lot in designing my (re)new(ed) digital system. Thank you very much in advance.

Willem Jan Drijfhout.