Programmiergleis und SM-befehle?

Hallo,

I am new to this and have some questions to the Progamming track and the usage of the 'Service mode' commands

I am using a simple (similar to TAMs) booster and an own developed SW on my PC driving the DDW-server.

Now, I want to extend the program do some CV programming.

By using the DDW-server I guess I still need to have a separate programming track to do the CV programming.
Is this done with the SET/GET comand in Service mode?
Where are the return signals from the Loco-decoders (ack/nack) coming?. Are they coming back through the S88 bus or do I need to create a separate connection/HW to the Programming track.? (meaning signals returns to Serial port?)

Can somebody clear me up on this? Maybe some Diagrams/circuits would explain it.

Thanks for your  effort

Andreas