Kai-Cheung Leung
Gesendet: Samstag, 25. September 2004 06:39
An: ddw-mailing-list@insotec1.homelinux.com
Betreff: DDW-DDL-ML writing DDW client programs using MinGW, Eclipse, or
MONO to facilitate linux-porting

I feel that your client programs (GPlan, Railyplan and Railyprog) is much
easier and better to use that the client programs currently available
under Linux.  However your client programs (at least for the newest
versions) are only available in Windows, but not Linux.

Since these programs are ONLY CLIENT PROGRAMS and therefore do NOT have
DIRECT interactions with the hardware (Bin ich korrekt?).  Therefore if
you develop your programs on EXISTING GUI cross-framework environments,
such as

MinGW
http://www.mingw.org

MONO
http://www.mono-project.com/

Eclipse
http://www.eclipse.org

or even Java

Then it will be much easier and quicker to port your programs to Linux as
many Linux users (like myself) are very keen to run these client programs
on Linux.

Mit herzlichen Grüßen,

Kai-Cheung Leung (Herr)