This page lists all the
errors of the go contents of the books of Robert Jasiek known to the
author at the date of 'newest contents' of the page. Typos and trivial
mistakes are not included but can also be reported to the author, who thanks for everybody's help.
Joseki 1 - Fundamentals
- p. 116: "connecting two groups halves the number of groups that
need to fight for life": 'Halving' does not apply to connecting more
than two groups.
Joseki 2 - Strategy (Version 1)
- p. 113 Dia. 17.2: The variation Black 6 at 8 results in a ko.
Endgame 1 - Fundamentals
- p. 78 Dia. 14.1: This variation is another failure. The correct first move is F12, which kills the entire tail.
- p.110 Dia. 6.1: swap moves 3 and 5. Dia. 6.2: swap moves 5 and 7.
Dia. 2.2: As a variation, Black can omit move 5 to take sente. Instead
of White 2, it is better for White to play 5 - C18 - E19 because
then B18 - D18 is White's better gote, B19 - D18 is White's
better gote with a good follow-up and B19 - D18 - B18 is White's
- p. 209 Answer 30: The optimal endgame is Black 1 at 2. White can neither cut and capture nor live on the inside.
- p. 243 Problem 3: The intersection R5 has a black stone and S5 is empty.
- p. 162/164 Problem 1 / Answer 1 diagrams: A white stone on B19 is missing.
- p. 188 Answer 17: Black 1 at G13 is another correct first move.
- p. 198 Dia. 29.2: White 3 at D19 and Black 4 at F19 are correct.
Books without Known, Important Errors of the Go Contents
- Capturing Races 1 - Two Basic Groups
- Joseki 2 - Strategy (Version 2)
- Joseki 3 - Dictionary
- First Fundamentals
- Positional Judgement 1 - Territory
- Fighting Fundamentals
- Life and Death Problems 1 - Basics
- Easy Learning: Joseki