1996-10-27 last update, 1996-07-07 first day, Robert
- B, W are black, white.
- a..o are moves on board points named a..o . If a ko string near to
a letter is captured and this letter point is already occupied by some
stone, then a move on a point denoted by the letter is meant to be played
on the empty point near to the letter where the captured ko string was.
- p is pass and t is tenuki from ko (board play elsewhere) with letter-denotations.
- M is a move on the board point of the nearest marked stone.
-  denotes a move-sequence of alternating moves of both players.
- * denotes infinite repetition of .
- # denotes the last move of .
- B resp. W are move-sequences started by B resp. W.
- .. denote obvious short cuts of parts of .
- + denotes the best case: shortest  with expected outcome
- - denotes the worst case: long  with expected outcome
- FK, DK, DLife, DDeath are fighting ko, disturbing ko, disturbing life,
- MS is move-sequence.
- Please excuse the inconveniences caused by my insufficient diagram
editors and restricted memory on my server.
Ko rule sets:
- U = Universalists
- SK = Super Ko
- PSK = Positional Super Ko
- SSK = Situational Super Ko
- NSK = Natural Situational Super Ko
- BK = Basic Ko Rules
- P = Prohibition Rules
- C = Configuration Rules
- KC = Ko Coupling Rules
- NK = New Ko Rules
- I91 = Ing 1991
- C88 = Chinese 1988
- J89 = Japanese 1989
- ALL = all sets except primitive models
Rules Main Page